GMA Wood Pallets near me-48×40 were specified by the Grocery Manufacturers Association for the food industry.
Find GMA Wood Pallets near me that can be used in distribution centers, grocery stores, and manufacturing plants.
The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) has established a set of standardized guidelines for all food industry pallets.
The GMA Wood Pallet-48×40 has become the standard for most pallet needs no matter what the industry.
GMA Wood Palled specification:
- 48″ x 40″ (L x W) (typical board thickness 1/2″, 9/16″ or 5/8″)
- The minimum weight load capacity of 2500 lbs.
- Top boards: 2 lead boards 5.5″ x 40″ and 5 center boards 3.5″ x 40″
- Runners: 3 runners 48″ long x 3.5″ high with wide anywhere from 1-1/8″ to 1-3/4″.
- Currently 1-1/8″ is the standard. Runners are notched for 4-way entry
- Bottom boards: 2 lead boards 5.5″ x 40″ and 3 center boards 3.5″ x 40″
Many people will just refer to this as a GMA pallet and will not use any further specifications.